Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sorry baby!

How would you react if a 7-year-old Korean kid told you "sorry baby!" with a big smile after he accidently knocked some books off the table? I couldn't stop laughing!

Earlier Jason had handed me over a note written by his mom:
Teacher. I am he's mom. He lose his taste. Pleas help he find his taste.
Pleas dont punch him.

I assume "taste" means "test"..
Once again we laughed our heads off in the teachers' room.

This "ABC" class is really great. I love those kids so much and they always surprise me. They've learned so much in 3 months!! Their spontaneity is a delight.

The girls follow me everywhere I go during breaktime. They wait for me on the other side of the door. They try to teach me to count in Korean - which is funny because today they said
Teacher! Big big big test!!

They were refering to my "big big test" when I told them about the final exam. But now, they want to test ME because they've taught me how to count from one to ten!!! They're adorable!

As for Sally and Katie, i've told Ashley to call the moms. You're right mama, they oughta suffer the consequences of their actions. And anonymous's post also convinced me. Thanks ;)

On another topic, Lunar New Year's coming and Erika, Matt, Lilly, James and I are flying to Busan on Saturday! I'm really excited to get out of the city, enjoy the (cold) ocean and taking delight in eating tons of seafood!!

Moreover, we found plane tickets for Japan (Nagoya) for that 4-day week-end we get at the beginning of March! It'll feel great to travel around a little, even though I'm pissed that i'm not going to Vietnam with Twyla as originally planned (the school saw my going to Quebec for my grandma's funeral as a "vacation"............... don't get me started!)

Now i'd like to share something Eric and Danny taught me tonight about the Valentine's day in South Korea. It's really interesting.

--- February 14th is indeed Valentine's day, but GIRLS must give a gift to BOYS that they like. NOT the other way around!!

--- Then on March 14th, it's White day (which I see as Valentine's day 2 but whatever). On this day, MEN return the favor to WOMEN. In other words if a girl gave you chocolate in February, you should give her chocolate in March.

--- Finally comes the big fat (and depressing) Black Day on April 14th. On this day, people who did NOT get chocolates at all get together in Chinese restaurants and order Jajangmyun (noodles with black beans sauce). Isn't that funny?!

Of course there's also Pepero Day on November 11th - when people give peperos (candy stick dipped in chocolate) to each other. Apparently that's a big commercial scam started by Lotte company. But you can see that those Koreans are true givers!!!

And I guess we all know where i'll be on April 14th........

Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites