Thursday, August 24, 2006

Karaoke, beers and an island

August 2nd

About 2 hours from Seoul is Deokjeokdo ("do" means island)

Young recommanded it to me. She said when she went with Kevin they had a wonderful time and there was no one in sight - even though the beach is beautiful.

As I needed to spend some time alone, I decided to go.

Only problem is that I had been up until 4am the night before. Totally drunk singing songs with friends at a karaoke bar.

I had to get up at 6am to catch the ferry. Of course I missed it and ended up walking around Incheon, learning about the Korean US alliance, the Korean war, and its culture and traditions. Quite interesting actually.

What was McArthur?

Deokjeokdo was CROWDED like you wouldn't believe!

But it is a pittoresque island, totally worth seeing.

The ferry ride was totally worth it though - I ended up alone on the dock of the boat, staring at the sunset and the moon rise. Priceless!

Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites