Saturday, September 16, 2006

I love Korea!

September 10th

It suddenly occured to me how much I love this country.

At school I was teaching a private - this housewive who one day decided that she wants to teach kindergarten. She's going back to school in September even though she has a husband and two sons to take care of. She took private English lessons to level up.

We had the greatest time together! She is hilarious and so spontaneous!!

She called the school to invite me for lunch on Sunday. I agreed.

When I saw the car, I knew this was going to be a fun day. Her whole family was in the car, including her sister!

They took me everywhere and we had a lot of fun!! One place in particular is awesome - a huge park in the center of Seoul, it's called SamcheongGak. Check it out http://www.3pp.co.kr/eng/info/samcheonggak_info01.html

The funny thing though is that the husband was treated as if he didn't exist. When he said something they's almost ignored him. He was more of a driver/money resource...

I was thrown right in the middle of a Korean family and their dynamics were amazing. Moreover, they took me to real Korean places where I was the only foreigner. It was really great!

When I got home, I couldn't help but smile.