Sunday, April 01, 2007

April 1st in Seoul

Wow. It totally feels like April’s fool! Except they don't really celebrate it in South Korea. Where does it come from anyway?

Annabella’s plane landed at 8am and I was still passed out in my apartment. Last night Erika and I got our hair done and then we decided to go out. Bad idea. I was tired and had so much stuff to do.

Anyway, we had shabu-shabu for dinner; a really cool Korea typical dish. They bring this broth to your table and you drop in vegetables and meat. When you’re done, you cook rice in there, with a raw egg. Delicious!

We ended up at this great Thai lounge in Hongdae - where we had shisha and way too many drinks. Among others, I got a “Chocolate kiss” and a few “Naked Canadians”. Erika’s ex-boyfriend showed up with some of his friends. It was really cool.

The end of the night was disastrous. Something to do with her ex. Thank God Twyla’s door was open even at 5am and we had a great talk.

I felt terrible for not being at the airport when Bella got here, but I hopped into a cab and we enjoyed a very expensive cab ride back to my place. We napped and then I showed her around Insadong. I bought a really cool tea set!



Having a friend here totally helps me realize I've been in Korea for over 10 months now. And yes, I LOVE Kimchi!! ^^

Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites