Friday, April 06, 2007

Food, stream, spaceship and ABC

First of all I must say that I LOVE my students! Especially the little kids. They are ADORABLE!
Second of all, Seoul is a great city! Last night I took my friend to Chonggyechon, this nice man-made stream downtown Seoul. There, we had Samgyeopsal (fat pork) and a few shots of soju.

Then we headed to the stream, it’s really nice at night with all the lights.

A Korean dude joined us. He’s studying cardiology in Germany and we ended up having a fun night.

You know how you always have to pay for public bathrooms in Paris? And usually they’re dirty and the meeting point of drug addicts?

Well public bathrooms are free in Korea. But there’s one in Gwanghwamun that costs 50 cents I think.

Oh my! It’s like you’re entering a spaceship! In the middle of the sidewalk. It’s the cleanest place on earth, with a lady talking to you in several languages, some classical music coming out of the speakers and a self-cleaning "bidet". Wow!

I’m sad I’ve got to work and so much grading to do, but at least I spend some tome with Annabella and she’s seen quite a lot of things so far. She said she knows Seoul pretty well. It’s fun to look at her pictures and hear the “tourist” stories. Reminds me of my first weeks in Korea. That is, without the throat infection of course ;)

Here's a few of my ABC students. They can be little monsters but don't they look adorable?!



Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites