Monday, April 09, 2007

Too young to be old... and North Korea

Ain’t got no idea how my friend got up this morning. She’s visiting the DMZ, I’m still dizzy. What a week-end!

Do we need to party so hard in order to have a good time? I’m too old for this now^^

Friday night we had a great time with Kyungah, Rachelle, Twyla and her friend Sion. Christine got us a table at Skyview (41st floor!) for dinner after work. The food was good, great wine, great atmosphere. Except maybe when the opera singer kicked in.


Everyone was tired so we called it a night, right after some delicious ice cream at Cold Stone – where Rachelle totally danced the whole time. It was hilarious!

Saturday we met with Erika, Sion, the hairdressers, Erin and her boyfriend for dinner in Itaewon. Right behind KFC there’s a small alley that goes up. Then turn left, walk to the end and go up the hill. There’s a French restaurant called “Mignon”. Exquisite!

After that we headed to a cool nearby bar called “Bungalow”. You basically sit in swings and the floor is covered with sand. Nothing better than enjoying your cocktail with your feet in the sand! Plus the waitresses have that "exotic" thing going! And there's a hottub on the roof!


As if this wasn’t enough, we ended up in a gay bar. As you probably guessed, the gay society in Seoul is very low-key and/so there are about 2 gay bars in Itaewon. Where are they located? Right on hooker’s hill! Apparently it’s another form of sexual deviance hehe

Back in Montreal my gay friends would take me out dancing. I just love gay bars! Men there know how to dance and it’s such a fun atmosphere! So I was glad to feel that energy, as opposed to everyone drinking their head out at straight bars.

Unsurprisingly, there were more foreigners there than Koreans. Sion made me dance the whole night long and it was phenomenal! I hadn’t had such a great dance partner in a really long time!

We left when the bar closed, and we got home around 6am. We tried staying up until the sunrise in order to catch a ferry to Deokjeokdo, but we totally passed out.

Woke up in the afternoon, had some McCrappy and spent the afternoon by the Han River. I’m lucky it’s close to my place. And it felt nice to just chill out a little.

I showed Sion and Annabella the Korean convenience stores – go to a 7/11, get your beer bottle and sit outside at a picnic table. Much cheaper than going to the bar. We tried some dry octopus and it was disgusting!

Then we tested our strength with the punching and kicking games. Quite fun.

Also found ourselves on the scene of an accident - this motorbike had crashed into this green bicycle... wasn't me!

Finally I took them to the sauna. First experience for them both – totally naked with strangers. Of course men are on one side, girls on the other. We got massaged. The usual way – spanking, hitting, rubbing, I was in pain. The ajumma yelled “Shower! Shower!” and then I came back for the scrubbing. Ouch mama!

Thank God I don’t usually drink this much. I can’t believe tomorrow is already Tuesday!

Here's a quick peek of the DMZ... thanks Bella!







Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites