Friday, May 04, 2007

Cast away?

There u go. Thailand was amazing. What else could I possibly say? It's always amazing. Life is beautiful.

Sea kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, i got scared of the underworld down in the ocean. Innocent fish swimming right at me and I thought they'd eat me or something. At times, I'd never felt so lonely. I met locals and despised myself for being this metropolitan alien. The usual, you know.

Jumping off a fisherman's boat right in the middle of the ocean, on the other side of the world, 11 hours ahead of Quebec, was pretty cool.

Pollution hit me as soon as I got back to Seoul. So did the impatient Koreans who were pushing my back on the plane. I'm claustrophobic. Thank God I can control myself. Sometimes.

The tsunami pretty much devastated Ko Phi Phi - where I spent most of my time. People lost family members. As this one amazing woman named "nah" said referring to her husband, "him die. him die..."
I feel like i live in a big fat bubble. If I lived in those bamboo houses on the shore it wouldn't be fairer. I still can't figure out the meaning of life. That's all.

Cool video of the fire dude. He's been doing it for 3 months so be indulgent. Same for those drunk Thai women singing the Karaoke.

On vit comme on peut.





Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites