Saturday, October 14, 2006

Shake Your Tailfeather!

Right now my brain is numb, but i'm just so happy! I woke up with the sun, only 4 hours of sleep and yet i'm surprisingly upbeat.


Last night was awesome. And the night before as well. Some coworkers had been asking us to go out with them for a while and, for some reason we never had.

I was really tired and went for Sushi with Twyla, where we finally decided we should all go. Wasn't in the mood, but you know how it's like; once you're there...

So a whole bunch of girls met in this awesome lounge for martinis - our feet in the sand! I forgot the name of the place but it's in Itaewon, on a second floor, great concept and they serve apple martinis! Oooooh!

Then we headed to a bar where we had a couple of drinks as well. Fun.


As for the rest of the night, we ended up in Hongdae, Tinpan again!

By the way, some very enlightened and anonymous (of course) person left a comment saying I shouldn't go there if I don't want to see foreigners. While I admire the unbelievable cleverness of this life changing comment, I think he/she should read the post again. I said I hate those who ruin it for everyone by being drunk and stupid - and it turns out that most of the time they're foreigners. Koreans usually pass out before they have time to misbehave ;)


Anyway. I had the greatest night. The girls turned out to be fun and we danced like crazy!! Well I did anyway, while some friends were totally drunk and other were sticking their tounge down a guy's throat to finally say "ok bye!" at 4am.

We had some really cool drinks - right down the street they are selling pina coladas in a ziploc kinda thing and you drink it with a straw. Awesome!


As it turns out, nobody ruined it for no one last night. I met great people, great dancers, hilarious guys, it was just refreshing! I even spoke with a Korean guy who speaks... Spanish!! It was awesome, I spoke my two favorite languages in a bar in Seoul!!

We also bumbed into a group of our male co-workers, but they were just standing there, lined against the wall, drinking.


And i'm forever thankful for having met this journalist - totally cute and smart by the way - who spent the night with us. First of all because he dances!!! And because we spoke French; a first for me in Seoul. Moreover, he didn't punch any guys in the face just becuase they were looking at me so that was good ;)

But of course, in Itaewon there were the usual assholes literally harassing Korean girls to get them into bed. Pathetic. Especially since we saw that around 10pm! And those 30 something that scream and fight on the street, just like college boys... what's up with that?!

Still a mystery. We ended up eating spicy bulgogi (marinated beef with vegetables) and finally went home around 4:30.

Great. Now i'll need at least 2 days to recover!!!!!!
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites