Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mona Lisa's smile

I must admit it: buying this dog would be cruel and selfish. It was love at first sight, yes, but I shouldn't let passion ruin this puppy's life ;) After all, i'd have to give him up a few months later. I can't do that.

Meanwhile it made me realize that I REALLY wish I had a house in the countryside with my dog and my "significant other";) Right now I only got an apartment in Seoul and living in a big city is too "cold" for me. And i'm all alone.

Speaking of which, the weather is getting cooler and we got a minus 3 this morning. Normally I wouldn't know this but I started teaching intensive classes on January 2nd so, until the end of the month, I have to be at work at 9am and teach until 8 or 10pm. I'm really busy with grading, class prep, writing tests. ..

Plus I had an open class for my ABC class on Tuesday and it was exhausting! On the bright side the parents totally loved me and one of them actually said that her daughter used to hate English academies but now she's just in love with me! That really made my day.

Lately i've been hung up on "The Legends of Soul" with Aretha Franklin and Otis Redding, it's just awesome! Makes me wanna sing my soul out every single night!!! Need my whisky and cigarette mama, oh mama!!!

My membership at Seo's gym ends this week so I went for the last time on Tuesday and got my stuff. Twyla talked me into joining the "Apple Gym" and I went tonight... oh my!

First of all i'm really excited because there doesn't seem to be creepy guys that might follow me around. Moreover, the gym is awesome and so huge and high-tech (like 50 treadmils with a tv on each one, same for the 40 stationary bikes)! Am feeling really good about this.

But man! Being WHITE in Korea is just a ticket to heaven... seriously! People treat me so nice, I get compliments all the time ("oooooh!!! beautiPul!!!!") and free stuff and discounts... While I definitely enjoy it all because it makes me feel good about myself, I don't think it's fair to Koreans...

I got the big discount for the gym, but they wanted to charge 100 000 extra wons to my Korean friend Kyungah (Kelly) just because... she didn't deserve a discount I guess??? That's pretty shocking. Fortunately she got the deal in the end, thanks to hard-ass Twyla!

Ok i'm officialy wiped.

I watched "Le bye bye de Rock et Belles Oreilles", it was HILARIOUS!!! I especially liked the part where they do the news for deaf and muted people... and I loved hearing the big fat Quebecois accent! Plus I got "La marche de l'empereur" and a movie about racism in the US, "Crash" so i'll probably watch these soon.

Again, y'all oughta see "Baghdad Cafe", "3 needles", "Everyone says I love you", "Thank you for smoking" and ... uh... well "The Notebook" are the only ones I can think of right now.

Can't wait for the week-end! Going out for dinner, to the movies, cleaning up my place, hiking, maybe shopping and wandering around in Edae? I ate the most delicious pizza/spaghetti last week-end, it was priceless! Now i'm in the mood for French food!

And no, i'm NOT going to Vietnam because my school won't let me take 3 weeks off in a semester (I spent two weeks in Quebec). But i'm thinking about going somewhere sunny and paradisiac in March so let me know if you have any suggestions! I might go to Vietnam on my own, but I was thinking about Fidji? Philippines? Thailand i've already been. Maybe Australia?

I also really want to go to Hong-Kong and Tokyo for a week-end before I leave. It's just cool to go to China or Japan for two days when back home it's like a big deal planning a trip over there ;)

Yes yes yes... i am procrastinating once again. Don't wanna grade diaries!!! Oh, speaking of which you have to read what two of my kids wrote about me!!! I was sooooooooo touched!!!! But... who wouldn't? Those kids are just so adorable!

Amy (she's 10 years old and super good! See how she didn't make that many grammar mistakes? ):
I studied English with Kat, Danny, Vanessa, Steve, Rick and Twyla. It was great fun to learn English with them. When my level was LG6 I wondered who will be my new teacher.

Now my favorite teacher is Anne-MArie. Your blond curly hair is pretty.

You have a sweet smelling flower and fruit. I like it. Your smile is very cute. You are nice, kind and careful.

When I was puzzled, you helped me with pleasure. I feel my English level is going up. I thank you for your help.

I'm so happy to spend a pleasant hour studying with you. Teacher, it's hard to write my diary all by myself but i'll do my best.

What luck I met you! Teacher, what is your favorite teacher?

Chris (his whole thing was funny):
Anne-Mary is LG6 teacher. She is very good teacher. She is similar to the Mona Lisa. She is Canadian. She is a little bit tall. Her class is little hard because she said "don't speaking Korean!"

Rick is LG4 teacher. He is very exciting teacher. He is similar to monkey and he is so tall. His size is like a monster. His class is always laughing class. I like him. He is very nice teacher.

Danny is LG1 teacher. He is very interesting. He teaches my next door. He is similar to Harry Potter. His size is ordinary.

Christine is parade teacher (no idea what that is!) She is exciting class too. She is similar to Indian. She is little small. Her class is exciting and good.

Ok, now I can sleep tight ;)
Oh and the school got me a private student, 2 hours/week and I feel so bad for him! He doesn't know phonics at all, can barely say his name, so i'll coach him hoping he'll improve a little cauz all the kids make fun of him in Sunny's class!!!

Never thought i'd be here at 23 years old! Miss y'all though, and really miss my grandma too.
Sweet dreams.
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites