Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The sun in a golden cup

Eric and Danny always have this effect on me. They're those 11-year-old boys I teach from 7:30pm until 10pm on Tuesday/Thursday; they just make me feel so peaceful.

It's their attitude, so naive and so careless but yet interested. They're in school from 8am until 3pm. Then they quickly grab a bite to eat and head to their grammar class which starts at 4pm. They finish their day with me. I really feel for them. But they are so adorable and they listen to me and participate in an active, yet quiet way. I just really like being with them.

My ABC class is also enjoyable because those kids don't speak English at all so you can feel everything through their eyes! It's just fills my heart with a lot of emotions!

They're so cute, pointing at the door and screaming "DOORE!!", looking at me with question marks in their eyes when they're puzzled, bursting into laughter when I make my impression of a bee to remind them of the sound "Z", looking all proud and throwing out their chest as they approve of my decision to give them a hundred!

But actually I love all those little monsters because each of them brings something to my class and the complicity we have established is priceless.

So tonight when I heard Carla Bruni's new album after class, I was in a fantastic mood, dancing around in my apartment. You may recall her first album and the song that made her famous
Quelqu'un m'a dit
Que tu m'aimais encore
Serait-ce possible alors?


Well this one is entirely in English and i'm totally hung up on the groovy beat of "Those dancing days are gone"
Come, let me sing into your ear
Those dancing days are gone
I carry the sun in a golden cup
The moon in a silver bag


There's just so many things going on in my head right now. Two 4-day holidays coming up in February so I gota find out on which beach we'll lay our sore bodies on (intensive is killing me!) Moreover, I've got less than 5 months left here so I must figure out what i'm going to do. And that's tormenting me.

Then there's all the existential questions, trying to define life and myself. I know! In order to be zen I must stop clustering my brain with those pointless questions, but it's just torturing me.

Plus I just feel really good right now so my mind is racing.

Last night I had quite an extensive dream in which grandma appeared and I hugged her and it felt so great. She totally reassured me. I know it was my imagination, but it was comforting.

The funny thing is that when I asked her why she took so long to tell me she's alright, she tried to reason me, saying how much fun she's having up there, chatting with old friends and catching up with both her husbands.

And then she said that she's the president of the association of the dead people (or something like that) and that was hilarious because until the day she died, she was the president of an association defending the rights of the elderly and she couldn't stop bragging about it! So I woke up crying like a moron while smiling through my tears.

Sarang hae, je vous aime

ps: excellent book for the francos out there, "Lady L." by Romain Gary
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites