Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The gentle touch

Bad news: I need a root canal treatment on my upper teeth.

Good news: didn’t hurt at all. My dentist is my hero.

Maybe it’s a Korean thing because everyone so far who has had to go to the dentist in Korea was happily surprised. Back home you’d be in pain for days.

I went on Saturday and then again yesterday.

Up to now, it cost 20 bucks. Pretty good insurance system eh!

Since I was in Yeouido, I decided to look around.

Yeouido is a small island in Seoul, surrounded by the Han river.


I went for a long walk and visited the National Assembly. There’s also numerous parks and bridges. We can see Bukhansan mountain. Pretty nice.




Funny thing in Korea is that instead of flowers, you can find cabbage on the street! After all kimchi (spicy cabbage) is a big part of the culture…


I saw those cute bird-shaped boats, still no idea what they were doing there. But my mouth was numb and I was tired so, standing on the bridge, looking at them… it made me smile.

I’m coming down with a very bad cold – feeling feverish, my tonsils are like two giant golf balls. Hope my ABC kids won’t be a handful tonight.

This week-end I plan on being a big potato couch. I volunteer at church on Saturday to give away Christmas presents (Rachelle’s idea!) and on Sunday I also gota go to a different church for my friend. Maybe God will give me a couple of answers ;)

The week-end after, the school is taking us to a small island, about 2 hours bus ride from Seoul. They call this a “cultural excursion”. Apparently the beach is great and there are a couple of mountains so I’m pretty excited.

After that it’ll be… Christmas! We’ve rented a suite in a hotel so we’ll enjoy the swimming pool, cook and celebrate. Koreans don’t make a big deal out of Xmas.

Twyla and I got days off for lunar’s new year’s (thanks JeeSoo!!!) so we’ll spend a little more than a week in Nha Trang, Vietnam. I can’t wait for February!
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites