Sunday, November 12, 2006

La vida es un carnaval !

I guess this year really is awesome. For so many reasons – such as I’m 23 and living in Seoul, or I’ve never had so much fun, so much independence, such authentic and good friends, and I’ve never learned so many things about myself, about life and the world. It’s great.

So Skyview. It was shitty plan because they didn’t take reservations and a whole bunch of us was gonna go. I was pretty tired and the girls too so we went to my place and cooked dinner instead.

I learned how to make kimchi jiggae and we finally drank the wine I got for Chuseok. Twas nice. Plus I got a piano (you have no idea how excited I was… and still am!) so as we were singing “Let it be”, we figured it would be fun to go to a Noraebang (karaoke bar).

We went to the same one the staff took me to for Halloween (that night I picked my vice president up… twice!!), about 5 minutes from my apartment.

On our way Twyla stole public property: a big orange cone! It was just hilarious. Who does that?! Of course my dear law-abiding friends and family, she was going to bring it back after carrying it around for a little while.

Anyway.

We got to the noreabang and had a REALLY good time! We sang and danced like crazy, especially me and Twy – we were jumping all over the place. And the orange cone was in the room with us.

At some point during the night Janie and Bori appeared out of nowhere and joined us. They were singing in another room and saw me going to the bathroom I think.

They are part of the Korean staff at school and I really like them because they’re fun to hang out with and just… great!

Especially Janie because she is a HILARIOUS girl. And at work she does an awesome job and remembers everything about my classes. Plus she loves me! Oh Sharon ^^

So they sang songs in Korean while we kept dancing and drinking.



I was reasonably drunk but as usual, behaving like a sober overly happy girl. Twyla on the other hand was too drunk and she suddenly left the room, ready to go home with her cone.

Being the only one who had noticed, I ran after her and found her sitting in the stairs, looking for her keys. She looked pretty down and wanted to leave right away. I went back to the room to look for her keys.

Found them and we all decided to leave. Not safe to let her go home alone at 3am.

I was the last one to meet them in the stairs and there was broken glass everywhere. Apparently a bottle of wine had been smashed! Odd.

Next thing I knew, people were screaming her name. And I was running after a girl… running with an orange cone in the middle of the night. Imagine the scene! I had flip-flops on.

Everyone went home and Kelly slept on my pink couch so we talked until 5am and woke up with the sun around 9:30. I was still tired but the weather was so great, I wanted to go hiking in order to admire the beautiful and colourful autumn leaves. Plus, I needed fresh air and to spend some time alone.

Twyla called, still drunk. Apparently she ran away for various reasons including a creepy incident and the fact that she just wanted to go home. She didn’t even notice that I was chasing her.

I laughed my head out when Twyla said she couldn’t find her keys so she knocked at the door.

Emma answered it naked.

Ok it’s weird. But nop, she’s not gay; just very comfortable with her body!

The hilarious thing is that Twyla was looking at Emma, all puzzled and wondering why the hell she’s answering the door naked at 3 am.

But Emma was looking at Twyla, wondering why on earth she had run home with an orange cone in the middle of the night!

What can I say? These things only happen here in Seoul.

Coming up: the housewives story, many pictures, Halloween party summary (from what people told me cauz I sure as heck don’t remember much) and another chapter on those adorable Korean kids!!

Good day to y’all :)


Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites