Friday, November 10, 2006

Pepero day

A Korean celebration. Just like Valentine’s day. It’s a romantic day and happens every 11/11.

Basically kids give peperoes (cookie/chocolate sticks) to the ones they like or love. Remember Pete when we had that intense conversation at Soto? We ate those for dessert!

It’s the biggest commercial scam ever. Lotte Co. started it in 1994. 11/11 looks like 4 pepero sticks.

Teachers hate it because children get high on sugar and there are crumbs and plastic wraps everywhere.

My kids brought me some. Not a big fan though.

But the cutest thing ever happened!

One of my 8-year-old kid came to class late, out of breath and… carrying a ROSE!!

How adorable is that?? It’s the same kid who was wearing the pollution mask on the previous post. Look at him with his big smile, just waving at me! I just wanted to give him a big hug but you know how kids are at that age…

I was the only teacher to get a rose. Oh! So sweet!

And the girls in my Shining Star class drew me on the whiteboard! Given, my face is not so large and I look a little Korean on there but still, how cute is that?!

Ah those children! They give me a lot of emotions!


Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites