Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Land of confusion

Good news: JeeSoo, my VP, finally let me keep my "6th floor with giant windows" classroom for next semester.

I went up to her, saying that since i'm back on the 6th floor I might as well stay where I am and not have to move at all! She thought about it, discussed it with Janie and told me it's possible. I was so damn excited that I gave Janie a crown hahaha!!!

The only thing I don't get is... why all the drama? In the end I am this incredibly thankful person who basically did not get anything more than she already had. Weird.
But nevermind - this Korean staff is awesome and I really like them. They work their ass off all the time and get things done. They're funny and efficient. Some teachers and other people complain about them but I don't really think it's fair... but then again, they've been so nice to me I can only love them!

I spent almost 3 hours at the gym this morning because the owner was there... he really likes helping people out but he's too creepy.
On the bright side he showed me how to work out in a more efficient way because he's Mr. Muscles or something... I especially like his haircut LOL Anyway i'll try to avoid him in the future. Plus big muscles kinda scare me... hehe ^^


Tonight we went out to "Miller Time" for Johanna and Jannah's going away party. Was all right but I wasn't really in the mood.

Today was my last day of the semester so the kids and I reviewed, ate pizza (sweet potato pizza!!! incredibly good but sooo Korean) and watched "The Devil Wears Prada" It was fun. They said they're going to miss me!

Catherine, a new teacher, was observing my first class so I had them read, we discussed world war one, and then played Jenga - but I created a new version.

Every time a student would take out a piece, he/she had to name and describe a korean food to Catherine (since she just got here), a national holiday, a Korean custom, or simply ask someone else a question. It was great.

Not working tomorrow - we get a day off between the two semesters.
We'll meet for lunch (there's a shushi buffet!) and then go to a lake park about an hour from Seoul. I gota finish reading "the old man and the sea" and practice piano and guitar. Plus we might go to the movies at night. I know, the good life.